Non-invasive research is encouraged at the UKWCT, a full proposal needs to be submitted for approval and placements for research are placed on a first come first served basis. The proposal form can be downloaded from here.
Having trouble coming up with an idea for your dissertation? Have a look at our suggested dissertation ideas.
Many students complete research projects at the UKWCT; abstracts of their papers are listed below, so feel free to read them to gain more details on their chosen study topic and let them help inspire ideas for your own study.
Please note the opinions expressed are not necessarily the views of the UKWCT
• Allison-Hughes, Victoria - Self-medication in captive wolves
• Da Costa, Sophie - The effect of environmental enrichment on captive wolves
• Gunning, Nadia - Welfare and conservation in captive canids
• Haswell, Peter - Wolf depredation management
• Harris, Sue - Behavioural comparisons of captive wolves to domestic dogs
• Sherratt-Ayerst, Toni - The effects of the enclosure and management on the behaviour of captive wolves
If you are a student who completed research at the UKWCT and wish to have your dissertation included contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send your completed proposal forms to Tara Armstrong at email@example.com.