The UKWCT offers work experience placements for college and university students interested in conservation and animal related subjects. Students will take part in all aspects of wolf and centre management, have an opportunity to observe educational visits and to follow the UKWCT student study programme.
Students will be supervised by the Wolf Keeper but are expected to work without close supervision some of the time. While at the centre there will also be an opportunity to study and to talk to experienced staff.
Due to limited places and the nature of the work, preference for placements will be given to students studying animal-related subjects.
The requirements for this unique opportunity are:
• A minimum period of two weeks is required so as to gain a relationship with the wolves, the first week being on a trial basis. Maximum of six months.
• The hours are 09.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday.
• Due to the location of the centre your own transport is essential.
• With regard to the above and the nature of the work the minimum age is 18.
• If you do not commute from home daily you must find your own accommodation.
• We can usually only accept five / six students at any time.
• Due to the safety implications of work at the Centre, we reserve the right to terminate a placement at any time if safety rules are disregarded by the student.
If these conditions cannot be met we usually ask the student to come to the centre for an informal interview.
We are currently booking for October 2017 onwards.
An article about Work Experience and what they do was published in Wolf Print and can be read here
. For more information or to apply for a placement contact the office on 0118 971 3330 or email the office
. Only emailed application forms accepted.